Saturday, February 6, 2010

If You Like Pina Coladas

Last night I went to a parent's house for dinner. It was delicious AND we drank a lot. Pina Colada's and Apple Juice Sake (as above) were consumed, I was a newbie to both. It's made by some firm called Kirin....so obviously my colleague and I immediately started calling it 'Perkins'. It comes in a carton and can be bought at supermarkets. It was much tastier than the straight sake I tried last weekend.

Good thing about Japan - alcohol isn't taxed. It's cheap. A bottle of Vodka....1000 yen ($10-$11).

Village People with Rupert Homes (Escape - Pina Colada Song)


I also learned how to say 'oh really?' in Japanese. That's seven words now :)

1 comment:

Unknown said...

Hey, Sned me some sake I want to try it.
Looks like you are having a really good time. Miss you xxx