Monday, February 15, 2010

A Snapshot of Tokyo

Good food...I ate pork (rarely happens). It was beyond delicious on such a cold day. Bad case of hat hair but at least I could take all the layers off temporary. This was breakfast :)
A little ole Adelaide girl on the Tokyo subway. Insane. Beyond insane and yet I think I kind of understand it now.
We stayed in Asakusa which has a busy tourist area due to the sheer number of temples / shrines. I have many other pics but here's one for you.

The Lion King was fantastic. The costumes, the music, everything. Yes the whole performance was in Japanese but you pretty much knew what was happening if you'd seen the animated movie. Though I haven't seen it since I was a kid.

I also found a bookstore with a good range of English books (in the Foreign Books section). I bought quite a few and they individually wrapped each book in paper cover to protect it...lovely.

I discovered the American franchise, Denny's. We stopped there for desert and I order a chocolate fondant that was moan worthy.
Oh yeah...there was some snow on the way there (three hour bus ride one way).

2 comments:

Daisy Whitney said...

I love Tokyo! So jealous that you are there!

Unknown said...

Oh snow! How lovely. We are about to have heat wave No. 2. But only two this summer is pretty good, compared to last year.
You look awesome, and it looks like you are having a great time. Mum, has told me that skype is easy, if she thinks it is easy I might just go ahead and get it. miss you. xxx